Monday, September 13, 2010

Pencil Paradise

"Ideas are elusive, slippery things. Best to keep a pad of paper and a pencil at your bedside, so you can stab them during the night before they get away."
~ Earl Nightingale

I'm obsessed with pencils. I have loads of colored ones and a bunch of mini ikea pencils on my desk and a lot more at home. Out of all the unfinished pencils I have unconsciously collected over the years, I have to admit, my favorite is still the classic #2 Mongol.

I love the feel of lead as it glides through the surface of an empty sheet with every stroke. I also love the fact that well, you can easily erase them... No added pressure of perfecting a line or permanently destroying a good leaf with a blunder. If you ask me, pencils are integral in any art or craft project. Scribbles and doodles, sketches and drafts provide the springboard for your ideas to grow and become real.

500 COLORED PENCILS

Been surfing the web and look what I found. A collection of colored pens armed with witty names-lemon drop yellow, bubble gum pink, midnight blue, lettuce green just to name a few.



Designed by felissimo for social designer, this complete set of 500 colored pencils consists of 20 units, each pencil telling its own story with a unique name. But you cannot buy the complete set of pencils all at once. You have to slowly build the collection, by ordering the different sets which you'll receive over the course of 20 months.

Pencils that look like art.

Pencil collection.



1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! :)